Sunday, July 25, 2010

Yeah for the 80 cents tolls!

Day 5 of my short vacation

On this day we woke up extremely early to go to Chicago. We left the house at 7 am. We were suppose to get there at 9, but didn't get there till 11:30. Unfortunately there was traffic going into Chicago and my brother-in-law decided to take the local way, but the GPS kept messing the local way up so we ending up driving in circles for a good 2 hours. :( Chinatown is so disgusting no matter where Chinatown is. Chinese people are not the most hygienic people unfortunately. We ate dim sum for breakfast. It was not as good as I would have liked it to be. My dad was being stubborn and not eating because he feels that dim sum is very unhealthy. We then walked around Chinatown to do ginseng and Chinese movie shopping. Chinese people can be so stubborn and manipulative. We then went to see the bean at millennium park. We walked around the park for a while and then walked to see the water front. We wanted to go to navy pier where I went last time, but my dad was really tired and he hated the heat. We sat for a long time at the waterfront in front of yachts and then we went back to Chinatown for dinner. We then went to super Han Ah Reum in Chicago, brought some more groceries and then left Chicago. We wanted to do more in Chicago, but my dad is old and can't keep up. My sister told me if I come back in the winter, we'll stay in Chicago so I could see more and visit the museums. The drive back went smoothly. We arrived back home at 9 pm. My brother-in-law, sister, and I went to redbox and they chose the movie The Crazies to watch. It was such a dumb movie. It's like I Am Legend, but it explains how the people became ill. Such a dumb-dumb movie.

1 comment: