Thursday, July 22, 2010

Hot Off the Press

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/07/22/drugged.children.parenting/index.html

Your kids are acting up. They won't be quiet and are running around everywhere. You don't want to hit them for that'll make you an abusive parent so what do you do? Drug them! You are stress out and instead of wasting your own energy in disciplining them, why not take the energy out of the kids? Drugging kids could also be a form of punishment if they are naughty. You are not harming your kids by drugging them. You are just relaxing them. Adults take drug to relax too so why not kids?

Seriously, are people insane? What on earth would make grown adults think that it is okay to drug their child. Of course you'll give your child cold medicine when he/she has a cold, but to give them cold medicine so they'll be quiet and fall asleep is totally out of line. How would you feel if you found out your parents drug you as a child? No foreigners would drug their child in America. Foreigners are not afraid of discipling their kids. Parenting is all about communicating with your child. By drugging them, they are not communicating with their child. They are trying to take the easy way out. Some argue drugging them is their way of not spanking them. I honestly think that children who have been spanked turn out to be more obedient. The last line of the article reads, "Sometimes, parents need a break or want their kids to sleep a little longer or sleep at all, she added." Do they know how selfish that sounds? All I have to say to that is do you really consider yourself a parent? A parent means dealing with your child 24/7. Sure your child may drive you nuts, but that is the essence of being a parent! I was a lot for my mom to handle, but she was able to raise me along with my sister even with a job! She was also able to cook food for the family everyday too. 

As the article points out, there are many serious health side effects. One being DEATH! I don't know about them, but I can't live knowing I killed my child because I drugged them to be quiet. I would sacrifice anything to hear their laughter, screams, and cries again.

I could go on and on, but I think I'll stop here before I start writing a book. Please read the article. I posted the link above. I am so disappointed with society today.

1 comment:

  1. I read that too! I think it's such a horrid "solution" to dealing with children. Smh

    ReplyDelete